The miniature couplings from Jakob are designed as servo compensating couplings for the offset or the axial displacement of two axes. For the different applications such. For tachographs, NC-axes, stepper motors, potentiometers, robot drives, linear units, handling devices, angle encoders or servo drives, various designs are available. The shaft is fastened by clamping ring or threaded pins. The miniature couplings are available as bellows couplings, elastomer couplings or cross slide couplings.
As bellows couplings they are absolutely play and maintenance-free and designed for the transmission of high speeds. They are characterized by a high torsional rigidity and a low mass moment of inertia. Thus, the angular true, backlash-free transmission of the rotational movement is possible. The compact elastomer miniature couplings as pluggable, backlash-free and flexible shaft couplings can compensate for slightly larger shaft offsets. They are electrically insulating and have a good vibration-damping behavior.
The advantages of the also electrically insulating cross slide coupling are in addition to a very short length, a large displacement capacity, low restoring forces, the pluggability and a resulting arbitrary combination of different bore diameter.
In normal operation, the couplings are maintenance-free and with proper installation, the Jakob miniature couplings achieve an almost unlimited service life. Due to the proven modular system and the storage of the common diameters shortest delivery times are guaranteed.
Cool-Fit 4.0 for performance and safety
When GF Piping Systems introduced the revolutionary Cool-Fit system, it completely changed the way refrigeration applications are planned, installed and operated. Cool-Fit 4.0 continues the revolution spectacularly: A technological leap for users with the highest demands for production and process safety and maintenance of high quality food storage facilities. Cool-Fit 4.0 helps you work with maximum e ciency while simultaneously reducing your maintenance and operating costs. Cool-Fit 4.0 is a complete system made of factory pre-insulated pipelines, fittings, valves and hoses for secondary cooling with brine, glycol and ethanol as well as cooled water in the range of – 50 °C to 60 °C. “Cool-Fit 4.0 brings the unique advantages of our pre-insulated systems to users with the most demanding cooling and freezing applications,” says Mark Bulmer, Global Segment Manager Cooling at GF Piping Systems. “These include companies in food and beverage production, such as fruit and vegetable processors, slaughterhouses, breweries and supermarkets.” Cool-Fit 4.0 shares the advantages of all Cool-Fit products compared to metal systems:
- 100 % maintenance-free, as plastics are permanently corrosion-free: The media pipe, insulation and shell of Cool-Fit are made of high-quality plastics and so are corrosion- and maintenance-free throughout the system’s entire operating life. This reduces expensive interruptions of operation and lowers maintenance costs and personnel requirements.
- 100 % reliable over the system’s entire operating life: The especially smooth interior surface of the medium pipe, typical for plastic systems, reliably prevents deposits. That means: No loss of pressure over the entire useful life, Cool-Fit remains as e cient as on the first day.
- Planning and installation are simplified due to 65% less weight: Cool-Fit is much lighter than traditional metal systems and so places much lower structural demands on buildings and supporting structures. Heavy transportation aids are no longer needed at the construction site, or they can be reduced.
- 50 % faster installation: Factory pre-insulation of Cool-Fit replaces traditional insulation after installation, which often requires a second team at the construction site. You receive finished and permanently insulated components, which can be used without delay.
- Lower operating costs because 30 % more energy-e cient: The low heat conductance of plastic and the highly e-cient and robust foam insulation together increase your system’s energy e-ciency. That helps save energy costs and makes your work more environmentally friendly. At the same time, Cool-Fit 4.0 o ers additional decisive advantages:
- Connected in a few minutes: The design has been further improved and simplified – no unnecessary or complicated installation steps. The system can be installed neatly and easily and connected within a few minutes through electric arc-welding. The system can start up without delay.
- Installation also outdoors: The new design also allows the use of Cool-Fit 4.0 outdoors. All surfaces are sealed, and so protected from rain and all other infl uences, also UV-resistant. The sealing lip of the fi ttings surrounds the pipe and reliably protects the insulation from water and ice.
- Always control of the quality: Thanks to its reduction of installation steps and use of electric arc-welding as the connection means, Cool-Fit 4.0 permits a degree of control that was previously not possible. Installation errors are largely excluded in advance, which ensures a system of the highest possible quality.
“Cool-Fit 4.0 is a technological leap, the fruit of many years of development e orts,” says Daniel Dossenbach, Head of Pre Insulated Systems at GF Piping Systems. “It markedly improves planning, processing and service life. The result is a system with maximum capability, which is also esthetically attractive.”
Cool-Fit 4.0 is a solution from GF Piping Systems, the global expert for safe and reliable transport of water, chemicals and gas, with customers in more than 100 countries. GF Piping Systems oers complete system solutions made of plastic with more than 60,000products and supports you in all phases of a project – from planning to initial start-up.
Growth in pipe protection
Denso Group Germany, manufacturer of corrosion prevention systems for welded joints, pipe rehabilitation and pipe coatings, expands its comprehensive product range with new Palimex protective tapes for pipes and station construction.
The new co-extruded Palimex tapes – which are ideal for use on buried steel and cast iron pipes – provide long-lasting, high-strength protection, whether they are used individually or combined as a tape system. The protective tapes reliably absorb the high mechanical loads that occur in these applications.
The flexible modular structure of the tapes means that varying tape dimension and thickness can be combined as needed. Palimex tapes provide excellent electrical insulation for a wide range of building projects: On straight pipe sections, the tapes are easy and cost-effective to apply, and on components with different geometries – such as pipe bends and moulded parts – they are flexible and adhere perfectly to the pipe.
With this new addition to its range, Denso is offering a permanent protection solution for pipes designed for operating temperatures of up to 85 degrees Celsius. Applied directly to the pipe surface requiring protection, Palimex-880 forms a strong and impact-resistant pipe coating. The UV-resistant Palimex-855 is diffusion-resistant against external factors such as water vapour and oxygen. The tapes are resistant to corrosive media, either on their own or as part of a system solution comprised of both types of tape.