When GF Piping Systems introduced the revolutionary Cool-Fit system, it completely changed the way refrigeration applications are planned, installed and operated. Cool-Fit 4.0 continues the revolution spectacularly: A technological leap for users with the highest demands for production and process safety and maintenance of high quality food storage facilities. Cool-Fit 4.0 helps you work with maximum e ciency while simultaneously reducing your maintenance and operating costs. Cool-Fit 4.0 is a complete system made of factory pre-insulated pipelines, fittings, valves and hoses for secondary cooling with brine, glycol and ethanol as well as cooled water in the range of – 50 °C to 60 °C. “Cool-Fit 4.0 brings the unique advantages of our pre-insulated systems to users with the most demanding cooling and freezing applications,” says Mark Bulmer, Global Segment Manager Cooling at GF Piping Systems. “These include companies in food and beverage production, such as fruit and vegetable processors, slaughterhouses, breweries and supermarkets.” Cool-Fit 4.0 shares the advantages of all Cool-Fit products compared to metal systems:
- 100 % maintenance-free, as plastics are permanently corrosion-free: The media pipe, insulation and shell of Cool-Fit are made of high-quality plastics and so are corrosion- and maintenance-free throughout the system’s entire operating life. This reduces expensive interruptions of operation and lowers maintenance costs and personnel requirements.
- 100 % reliable over the system’s entire operating life: The especially smooth interior surface of the medium pipe, typical for plastic systems, reliably prevents deposits. That means: No loss of pressure over the entire useful life, Cool-Fit remains as e cient as on the first day.
- Planning and installation are simplified due to 65% less weight: Cool-Fit is much lighter than traditional metal systems and so places much lower structural demands on buildings and supporting structures. Heavy transportation aids are no longer needed at the construction site, or they can be reduced.
- 50 % faster installation: Factory pre-insulation of Cool-Fit replaces traditional insulation after installation, which often requires a second team at the construction site. You receive finished and permanently insulated components, which can be used without delay.
- Lower operating costs because 30 % more energy-e cient: The low heat conductance of plastic and the highly e-cient and robust foam insulation together increase your system’s energy e-ciency. That helps save energy costs and makes your work more environmentally friendly. At the same time, Cool-Fit 4.0 o ers additional decisive advantages:
- Connected in a few minutes: The design has been further improved and simplified – no unnecessary or complicated installation steps. The system can be installed neatly and easily and connected within a few minutes through electric arc-welding. The system can start up without delay.
- Installation also outdoors: The new design also allows the use of Cool-Fit 4.0 outdoors. All surfaces are sealed, and so protected from rain and all other infl uences, also UV-resistant. The sealing lip of the fi ttings surrounds the pipe and reliably protects the insulation from water and ice.
- Always control of the quality: Thanks to its reduction of installation steps and use of electric arc-welding as the connection means, Cool-Fit 4.0 permits a degree of control that was previously not possible. Installation errors are largely excluded in advance, which ensures a system of the highest possible quality.
“Cool-Fit 4.0 is a technological leap, the fruit of many years of development e orts,” says Daniel Dossenbach, Head of Pre Insulated Systems at GF Piping Systems. “It markedly improves planning, processing and service life. The result is a system with maximum capability, which is also esthetically attractive.”
Cool-Fit 4.0 is a solution from GF Piping Systems, the global expert for safe and reliable transport of water, chemicals and gas, with customers in more than 100 countries. GF Piping Systems oers complete system solutions made of plastic with more than 60,000products and supports you in all phases of a project – from planning to initial start-up.
Strong order book driving profitable revenue growth
Industrial services provider Bilfinger continued to grow in the financial year 2018. Relevant key figures improved across all business segments, meeting the forecasts and in some instances even outperforming them. The Strategy 2020 stabilization phase has been completed, the set milestones have been reached: Orders received, revenue and earnings developed positively, while the Group’s liquidity and return on capital employed were at levels above those of the previous year.
“We delivered on our 2020 strategy and on our commitments to both internal and external stakeholders. I am particularly pleased with the successful conclusion of the DPA and our Monitor’s Certification that Bilfinger is on an irreversible course towards compliance self-sufficiency. I think we can confidently say that 2018 was a year of achievement for Bilfinger.”
Tom Blades, CEO Bilfinger
The business environment continued to be robust in our six focus industries, particularly in Chemicals & Petrochem, Oil & Gas and Pharma & Biopharma. Demand for engineering and maintenance services continued to build on top of growing mechanical construction opportunities in the United States.
Strengthening the sense of purpose
Bilfinger continues to fine tune and adopt its 2-4-6 Strategy to better serve customers and drive margin development. Its engineering resources delivering both project management consulting and maintenance engineering have now been fully integrated into the regions to enhance Bilfingers end-to-end EMC capabilities. Consequently, the divisions are renamed E&M effective January 1, 2019. The technology companies delivering Energy & Emissions, Biopharma and Automation products remain grouped together and serve Bilfinger customers globally from their European manufacturing base. Together they form the Technologies division also effective January 1, 2019.
In connection with the described adjustment to its organizational structure, Bilfinger is also adjusting its reporting segments as of the beginning of 2019. The forecasts and statements related to the expected development of the Group are made within the scope of these reporting structures.
In the Technologies segment, a significant increase in revenue (2018: €499 million) is expected as a result of growth in order backlog. This is subject to continued and anticipated strong orders received in the course of the year. Bilfinger expects stable revenue development in the Engineering & Maintenance Europe segment (2018: €2,732 million). At Engineering & Maintenance International, the Group sees positive momentum in the markets and therefore expects significant revenue growth (2018: €763 million).
Smart Industrial Connectivity
Plug-in connector with electronic signal processing
The trend towards digitalisation in industry requires new solutions, this also applies for components that were previously purely electromechanical in nature. Because without a powerful, comprehensive infrastructure, digitalisation hits its limits fast. The infrastructure includes plug-in connectors and cables whose significance is set to rise and for example will be reflected in intelligent plug-in connectors.
The development of plug-in connectors is heavily influenced by three trends: digitalisation, decentralisation and miniaturisation. In decentralisation, increasing numbers of functions in the industrial environment are shifting to the device and field level, meaning that there will be an increasing demand for a comprehensive connection between devices along the horizontal and vertical axes of the automation pyramid. This also includes supplementation with intelligent functions. Integrating sensor and diagnostic functions directly into the connectors opens up completely new application fields and renders additional sensors superfluous.
Measured variables like current, voltage, power and temperature can be measured, as well as saved and evaluated with an app, an ERP/SCADA system or a cloud. Such an intelligent plug-in connector is presented by Weidmüller for the first time at Hannover Messe 2019. The smart plug-in connector was created as part of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) funded project: “Intelligent electric plug-in connector and connection technology with electronic signal processing (ISA)”.
Conveying & Filling, Packaging, Labeling & Storage Food & Beverage Plant Construction, Engineering & Components Videos
Hell Energy and SEW-Eurodrive
Energy drink bottling
Hungarian drinks manufacturer Hell Energy promises customers “power like hell.” Seven years ago, it built an ultramodern factory on a greenfield site. The company is now the market leader in the energy drinks segment of several countries. Krones filling lines combine with mechatronic drive units from SEW-Eurodrive to ensure a smooth power supply and material flow.